Did you know that… lavender oil can improve sleep quality?
Allow me to share with you an interesting research report that supports the above statement…
These students had difficulty falling asleep, frequent awakenings during the night or daytime sleepiness.
The sleep hygiene (practice) recommendations were:
• maintain a regular sleep schedule,
• avoid fluid intake before bed and food, caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine late in the day,
• create a good sleeping environment (e.g., wear ear plugs and a sleep mask and avoid screens and texting),
• create a relaxing bedtime routine,
• keep up with school work and
• exercise regularly.
This list is based on the good night’s sleep recommendations outlined by the National Institute of Health (NIH).
The students were also given a patch with lavender oil to wear during the night.
At the end of the study... students reported falling asleep easily, had fewer awakenings during the night and woke up feeling more refreshed.
In conclusion, the researchers found that…
“the use of lavender and sleep hygiene” routine were “safe, accessible, and effective interventions” for students with sleep issues.
If your child has trouble sleeping, you may want to try putting 2 drops of organic lavender oil on their pillow to help them drift off to sleep at night.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!