The United Nations has been celebrating the International Day of Happiness all of the world since its inception in 2013.
So what is it?
It’s a day to be HAPPY!
According to The World Happiness Report of 2018, out of 156 countries surveyed, Finland is the top ranking country in terms of global happiness.
So let's look at the TOP 10 Countries...
8. New Zealand
"All the top countries tend to have high values for all six of the key variables that have been found to support well-being: income, healthy life expectancy, social support, freedom, trust and generosity."
CONGRATULATIONS to Australia for being in the TOP 10 again!
In January of this year, I wrote a blog on "Why be happy?" you may want to revisit this...
here is a little snippet...
... being happy is associated with…
- better physical health
- better mental health
- better immune system
- more energy
- loving relationships
- stronger social support
- generosity and being more charitable
- better coping mechanisms
- a positive state of mind
- better learning
In June last year, I wrote a blog called "What makes people truly happy", you may also be interested in reading this. Below is a snippet...
Activities to generate happy hormones…
- Acts of Kindness
- Being present in the moment
- Having a positive attitude
- Having good quality relationships
- Having good social connections
- Having loving relationships
- Respect for the self and others
- Pursuing one’s passions and interests
- Good sleep
- Good nutrition (especially the Mediterranean diet!)
Enjoy your day of happiness today and always!