Quite often, I get asked the question... "which foods are best to help my child concentrate?"
So, I've decided to put down some suggestions for you, from a website that is a good resource for parents. Foods that help improve concentration are...
- Oily fish rich in Omega-3s, such as wild ocean-caught salmon and tuna.
- Nuts such as walnuts, almonds hazelnuts, Brazil nuts and cashews.
- Dark Chocolate, which is at least 70% pure cacao.
- Whole grains such as oats and brown rice.
- Blueberries and all berries in general, such as raspberries and strawberries.
And from the same website let's have a look at a list of foods that are reported to help improve your brain and protect it from ageing...
- Wild ocean-caught Salmon
- Nuts and seeds such as sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and flax seeds.
- Beans such as kidney beans, black beans, lentils and chickpeas.
- Whole grains.
- Pomegranate Juice.
- Dark Chocolate.
As you can see, there is great overlap between these two lists. So, my suggestion is to incorporate these foods into your family's daily diet, that way everyone can benefit.
Along with healthy nutrition, I also recommend...hydration, exercise, relaxation and a good night's sleep... to help your child's brain to develop effectively and work optimally.